The Facilities edition
In recent weeks we have published quite a few articles about teaching and learning in our Bulletin. This time however we will be a changing tack a little and focussing on some of the building projects that have been going on around the school.
The most recent CoVid restrictions have had a bit of an impact on what we have been able to do. This is because the trades haven’t been able to work indoors. Here is a brief rundown of the works that have taken place:
- The access ramps that are part of the Accessible Buildings Program have been installed. They are adjacent to the junior building and just outside the Grade 6 area. The handrails are due to be installed this week and the final concreting to be completed by the end of this week or early next week
- We have received a quote for an exterior repaint of the Junior School building. This is part of our School Maintenance plan that we are funded for through our annual DET allocation. We will be looking to commission this work during a holiday break (fingers crossed for September)
- On a very similar theme we have commenced a bit of a patch and finish project throughout the interior of the Junior building. This was commenced prior to the restrictions changing and we haven’t been able to finish it off. Hopefully as restrictions ease, we will be able to conclude this work soon
- Another DET project was finished off over the past week. We had a list of repairs to the Space Centre roof that needed to be taken care of. This was largely replacing the flashing around the joins as well as resealing around skylights etc. This one took longer than expected due to the run of damp weather we had through early August.
We have done a fair bit over recent times and we are looking to work within our budget to finish off a few more items before the end of the year. I’d like to take the opportunity to thank Connor, Sarah and Nick who make up the Facilities sub-committee of School Council.
Another thank you
As reported over recent weeks we have had a bit of aggravation with people using our school grounds in the wrong way over weekends. In non–lockdown times it is generally a good thing to see families using the courts, oval and playgrounds. However, having people act dangerously (on motorised bikes) and damaging school property is not in the gameplan and should never be.
Recently we have received lots of support from the community in reporting instances of this type of behaviour. Big thank you to those people who have taken the time to help with this matter.
We have published many reminders through the Bulletin and through Compass that if people see anything untoward happening in the school grounds, call 000 immediately. This is the advice we received from Heidelberg Police.
Enrolments for Prep in 2022 are open and we are finalising grades for the coming year. Enrolment forms may be downloaded from the link below.
When lodging the enrolment form, we are also required to sight the original birth certificate and current immunisation history statement, which we will take a photocopy of for school entry requirements.
WORKING WITH CHILDREN CHECKS
- valid for 5 years
- transferable between volunteer organisations
- free of charge for volunteers, but cannot be used for paid employment.
You can apply online using this link:
When you have received your card, please bring it to the office so that we can make a copy and inform the class teacher.
Term 3 Roster
This term’s roster is now available online! We cannot do this without you. Please choose anytime that is free and fill in your name.
Volunteers & Hygiene
Please sign in at the front office upon arrival and use the QR code.
We will be practising social distancing in the canteen. Please wear a mask. No more than 1 volunteer will be in the canteen at any one time. All surfaces will be sanitised regularly and hand sanitiser is available for your use.
Sonia - Canteen Manager
Phone: 03 94992171